Diplomatherapy – Nail D3 in 2023!
Listen here to the episode where Anne discusses the eight most commonly made D3 Theory Exam Mistakes
Join Diplomatherapy using coupon code WINEPOD and benefit from Interpreting Wine’s exclusive bonuses!
These bonuses are…
- Bonus 1: The Interpreting Wine Diploma Episode Checklist. Access all the Diploma exam technique podcast episodes from a single page. Includes QR codes for speedy listening. Saving you considerable time and effort accessing episodes and increasing the likelihood you will revisit and learn them.
- Bonus 2: A private Interpreting Wine podcast feed, including all current and future Diploma exam technique episodes in one place. Saving you considerable time and effort accessing episodes and meaning you can dip in and out of them as needed
- Bonus 3: A second private Interpreting Wine podcast feed, including all regional episodes in one place, organised by region. Saving you considerable time and effort accessing episodes and meaning you can navigate straight to the region of interest.
This set of bonuses will not be offered together again after 2023.
Scroll down to learn more about what’s included in Diplomatherapy! And to take immediate advantage of these special Interpreting Wine offers, select your package and enter the coupon WINEPOD at checkout.
I keep hearing the same things from D3 Theory candidates
- “I won’t have time to memorise this entire online book before the exam”
- “I don’t how others stay motivated with the huge amount of theory content – I’m finding it a real struggle to force myself to study it.”
- “I’m not sure how to apply the content in the theory exams in exactly the way the examiners are expecting”
- “I don’t want to have to spend the money and time on re-sitting this exam”
- “This just isn’t how I wanted being a Diploma student to feel like.”
The biggest issue here is that every time you find yourself feeling like this, or repeating one of these comments, there is a knock-on effect that you won’t always be aware of.
Your confidence takes a hit
Your energy and enthusiasm drops
Doubts creep in
“Am I really cut out for this?”
The good news is that, by embarking upon the WSET Diploma in the first place, you’re already operating at a very high level
You have taken a leap that most people who have completed Level 3 wouldn’t even contemplate.
You just need to remember that successful Diploma students come in all shapes and sizes. There is no cookie cutter way to success.
You just need to align your study and exam model with your skillset, strengths and personality.
Once you align the core of who you are with the way you approach this exam, everything changes. But how do you do that?
I’ve coached and taught hundreds of D3 Theory candidates over the past 5 years and I see the struggles they have.
- Thinking you need to learn the entire online book, and so copying it out in bullet points and then not having time to memorise it
- Studying in a location where there aren’t a lot of other Diploma students, and feeling isolated without a community of support
- Lacking accountability; no one is checking in with you to see if you’re keeping on track with your study plan so you let it drift, and in the meantime the exam is drawing nearer and nearer
- Feeling like you are doing your best to learn the material but then getting a disappointing mark on an assignment and not understanding why you didn’t answer the question correctly
And, perhaps the biggest one, trying to apply a one-size-fits-all approach to your studies, based on what educators or fellow students have told you worked for them.
It doesn’t have to be this way!
Cookie-cutter simply doesn’t work.
This is why in the newest upgrades to my signature Diplomatherapy course we have added elements to tackle each student’s individual strengths and weaknesses when it comes to D3 Theory.
- Because we are not all the same. We learn differently, at different speeds, we apply our strengths differently.
- Your personality, your strengths and your skills are your biggest assets, so you need to work in a way that enhances and embraces these skills.
Many of the D3 Theory candidates I see out there need support with different elements depending on their unique personality.
- All benefit from the core teachings in my Signature programme, Diplomatherapy, which teaches the step-by-step foundational method that I myself used to score a high mark in D3. Diplomatherapy Signature covers both the Theory and Tasting parts of the exam.
- Some, however, need extra support with Theory exam technique: how to structure answers and how to avoid the key pitfalls which are continually highlighted in the examiners’ reports
- Others require support with accountability, motivation and keeping them on track with the vast amount of D3 Theory content
When I realised this, I knew exactly how to solve the issue, but it was going to take me time because it was going to be different than anything else out there.
Well, now it’s here.
Because, whilst studying for D3 Theory, you should feel
Stimulated; intellectually challenged; enjoying your passion for wine
Yet so often, not addressing your personal challenges can leave you feeling
Isolated and on the verge of giving up
Like you’ve completely lost touch with why you signed up in the first place: your passion for wine!
Let me introduce you to
DIPLOMATHERAPY: Theory in Focus 2023
Is it a group programme?
Is it theory masterclasses?
Is it guest expert appearances?
Is it support with accountability and motivation?
Well actually, it’s all of these in one.
You can choose to join us in Diplomatherapy Signature, Anne’s classic and much-lauded self-study course, which includes 10 modules and 6 amazing bonuses, including support from Anne any time in the online group forum.
If you’d like extra tailored support with D3 Theory, you can go for Diplomatherapy Gold, where in addition to everything in Signature, you’ll benefit from accountability support, extra theory masterclasses and guest expert tuition.
If what you really need is that extra level of private support and you have the funds to invest in yourself and in your exam success, then you have the opportunity to apply for Diplomatherapy Platinum where you will get direct access to bespoke one-on-one D3 Theory online coaching with Anne. Her time is limited, so the price is premium and only four spots are available.
Full details are below.
Diplomatherapy – Your Options for Nailing D3 in 2023
Level 1 – Diplomatherapy Signature
Access to all Diplomatherapy content & bonuses until after the May 2023 exam – including ask Anne your questions any time in the online Circle group forum.
Read full details of what’s included in Diplomatherapy Signature here.
TOTAL VALUE £2,000+!
Level 2 – Diplomatherapy Theory Gold
Added support with accountability, theory masterclasses and guest experts
You will have access to everything in Diplomatherapy Signature, plus:
- 1 theory masterclass with Anne every month in February, March and April 2023, covering past exam or sample questions (all-new content, not previously covered in VIP or Deep-Dive sessions – two sample questions to be covered per session)
- Pre-exam motivational live pep-talk in early May 2023
- Three guest expert masterclasses to take place in March and April 2023. Topics covered will be Deep-Dives into D3 Classic Regions with subject experts from Anne’s network of MWs and other specialists
- Group weekly accountability check-ins, beginning on Monday 16th January, via the Circle App from Anne or one of her team members. Anne and her team will be checking what you’re planning to do that week, ensuring you’ve kept on track with it a week later and asking you WHY NOT if you haven’t – in short, you’ll be pestered until you take action! 😉
*** PLUS: BONUS *** – Recorded Study Plan Masterclass with Anne (took place live on Friday 20th January) – How to Cover all the Content between now and May – a sample Study Plan breakdown that you can use as a template for our accountability check-ins each week ***
TOTAL VALUE £4,000+!!
Level 3 – Diplomatherapy Theory Platinum
You will have access to everything in Signature and Gold, plus:
- Private live orientation call with Anne
- Personalised feedback on one theory assignment per month in February, March and April with a live call to follow up on each assignment
- Personal weekly accountability text or email check-in from Anne
- One additional email or Voxer question per week
- Bespoke study plan recommendations
TOTAL VALUE = PRICELESS!
Anne McHale is an inspirational coach and experienced Diploma educator. Her signature style is direct, clear and to-the-point; she will give you tough love where it’s needed! Despite this, her own experiences of navigating first the arduous WSET Diploma and then the even more gruelling Master of Wine exams, and overcoming her challenges to win awards in both, have given her an in-depth understanding of what it really takes to tackle exams at this level, and have made her coaching style compassionate as well as effective. She will never make you feel silly for any question you ask or doubt you may have. Having Anne in your corner will be a huge help in getting you to DipWSET.
Anne was a role model when I studied for the WSET Diploma and she remains an inspiration today. One of the best coaches I’ve ever come across.
Read more testimonials from Anne’s students at this link.
Frequently Asked Questions
Anne, what exactly is included in Diplomatherapy Signature?
You can read full details about Diplomatherapy Signature, as well as testimonials from previous participants, at this link. All the content in Signature is included in all three levels of Diplomatherapy 2023.
Do you offer extra Tasting support as well as Theory options?
There is an entire step-by-step guide to approaching the Tasting side of D3 in Diplomatherapy Signature, so by joining any of the three levels you will benefit from that. You can also get excellent Tasting support by signing up for the D3 Tasting Workshop.
Due to the online nature of the programme and the associated challenges of sending wines to different locations around the world, Anne has decided with the extra support not to include a tasting component.
Additionally, the pass rate is much higher for the Tasting exam than for Theory, which is another reason why the Gold and Platinum levels focus on Theory support.
The bespoke, personalised nature of the Platinum level, however, does lend itself to personalised advice on tasting strategy if required, and Anne will be happy to advise on this for all Platinum participants.
Do you offer refunds?
Since you will gain instant access to the recorded content, and because Anne requires participants to be fully committed to the programme in order to ensure success, all sales are final.
Understandably you want to be sure before investing in yourself, however, so if you have any niggling concerns or queries and would like to talk these through with Anne, you can book a free 15-minute Zoom Clarity Call in her calendar, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have more questions. How do I get in touch?
With any investment, understandably you want to be sure you’re making the right decision! Feel free to email Anne at email@example.com, or if you’d like to speak to her directly, you can book a free 15-minute Clarity Call in her calendar to talk through your queries and concerns.